Friday, December 3, 2010

The Showdown In My Hometown!

Tomorrow is a big running day in my hometown of Poteau.  It's time for the Sleigh Bell 5k!  I wish I could be there to run.  Actually, I am more interested in watching the race.  It should be quite the showdown.  There are several guys that can run in the low to mid 17's.  You have the vet Tom Brennan, who is shooting for a PR.  If he gets one he will be hard to beat.  Then you have the young guns, last years Sleigh Bell Champ Nico Hall and Poteau High School stud senior Edgar Rosales.  If Edgar is in the same kind of shape he was at the end of his cross country season then Tom and Nico could be looking at his back!  Also, I need to mention a new guy named Zach that I have not met yet, but rumor is that he is capable of running with any of the above mentioned guys.  On a sad note I must mention that rumor is that Josh Snyder is not running the race due to having some sweet tickets to the big 12 championship game.  I know Josh is a great Christian man and I hope that he repents for this mistake in judgement at his service on Sunday morning.  I'm kidding.  If Josh is in the race he will be in the mix.  I have been debating on whether I should make a prediction on a winner or not.  I guess I will and I will have to go with the old vet.  That's right look for Tom Brennan to break the tape.  Okay, you other guys don't get mad at me just prove me wrong.  I wish all the runners in the race the best!

See you on the roads,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment